Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Note Cards for Dog Lovers

Hello friends,
Longtime friends - a delightful couple - are dog people.  In the nearly 40 years I have known them, I can't think of many years when they did not have a canine family member.

Right now, they are without  . . . I recently came across a dog rubber stamp that reminded me of their Tess.  So home it came and was used to make a set of  doggie note cards.

Here they are . . . a set of six. I am hoping they make both the senders and recipients smile.





The dog stamp is from B-Line Designs and the papers are from a Little Yellow Bicycle paper pad called "Dog." I kid you not.




Here's how it was done . . . the dog was stamped in black ink onto cream card stock, cut in a oval shape and the edges inked. The patterned papers were cut to fit the purchased card blanks and the corners rounded on the horizontal cards. The scarf on each dog was colored with Prismacolor pencils and the dog ovals were layered onto patterned paper and adhered to the cards. A small strip of contrasting paper was adhered to the vertical card.

Paired with matching envelopes, the cards are set to go!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment