Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Baby Gift #3 - More Onesies

Hello Friends,

So more shower gift onesies for Baby girl L . . . but there is a story - there's always a story, dontcha know?
A while ago I became a member at Lia Griffith's website and have access to a fabulous library of Lia's projects. There are templates, printables and cut files for a variety of occasions - wedding, holiday, home, kids and babies, stationary and more. A great value.

Lia must have been reading my mind (or it was just karma) because one day there appeared in my inbox a post describing two iron-on tee/onesie designs for baby - just what I needed. After all, two diva onesies with beads are plenty for one little baby. And these can be called "denim friendly"  - I mean, all babies wear jeans, don't they?

I just happened to have some Avery iron-on transfer paper so I was ready.  I printed the design on plain paper first and decided it was just a bit too large for the 3-6 month size I was making.  I re-sized the image (in the print dialogue box) to 70% of the original. Perfect fit.

I printed the designs onto the transfer paper, followed the instructions for ironing them on and Voila!  Pretty cute, aren't they? Thank you, Lia!



These were packaged as the second layer in a suitcase style storage box found at the craft store. The tag (made with Stampin' Up Bear Hugs) has care instructions on the reverse.


The bottom layer held the "store-bought" gifts.  These were two Burt's Bees coveralls and matching blankets, two cute little board books and a some Carter's baby headbands.


The "Take me to the Park" blanket (shown in a previous post) was folded to fit the box as the top layer in the suitcase. Neat and tidy.

All-in-all, a successful project from the perspective of  the gifter.  The giftee seemed pretty pleased, too!

Next time, some baby cards.

Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment