Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Crafty Workshop Morning

Hello friends
Today, I watched a number of YouTube videos  . . . what? you ask . . . crafting videos, of course. YouTube is the next-best-thing to attending workshops with the rock stars of the crafting world, since few find their way to CT.

I watched (actually re-watched) some of the demonstrations of  new products and techniques that were introduced at the Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) Mega Show in January.  I wanted a refresh of the products introduced by my favorite designer, Tim Holtz. Tim is the Creative Director for Ranger Industries and also teams up with various companies including Advantus, Stampers Anonymous, Sizzix, Tonic Studios, Core’dinations, and Westminster Fibers/Coats to bring unique products to the market.

I do love Tim's products and design aesthetic . . . and my craft room shelves show it. One of my best experiences was meeting Tim several years ago (three years ago today, to be exact) at a workshop in Westbrook, CT. Tim is most gracious, friendly and full of knowledge. It was a thrill to meet him.


The ScrapTimeVideos channel on You Tube is worth a look for information on the newest products and how to use them.

Til next time . . .

S.


No comments:

Post a Comment