Sunday, May 29, 2016

Babies and such . . .

Hello friends
I hope you are enjoying the warm temperatures and spring greenery that have finally decided to appear here in eastern Connecticut.

I journeyed to the suburbs of Washington, DC last weekend for my niece's baby shower. Baby L is due to arrive in mid-July but "like a fine wine" will come in time. It was wonderful to spend time with Mama L in her new home (well, new last year) . . . we don't get to do that very often  . . .

An elegant cake - would you believe made of diapers - made a beautiful centerpiece!


The banners I made using the Julie Nutting baby stamps added a whimsical touch to the traditional colonial decor at the shower venue.





Living with "the crafty gene" as my niece terms it, I created my shower gifts rather than shopping from the registry. Before we knew which flavor the little one would be, I had sewn a bright but  "gender neutral" flannel blanket. The hexagon print flannel is backed with navy and white dots . . . very washable and both picnic and car friendly. Tagged with a balloon image stamped from a  Tim Holtz set, I called it the "Take me to the park" blanket. It's ready to travel on lots of outings.


Stay tuned for the rest of the gifts next time !

Cheers!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment