Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Vintage Style Note Cards

Hello friends,
Recently I was invited to a golf outing  . . . for those of you not into golf etiquette, it is customary to bring a gift for the person extending the invite (or invite her back to your own club) since she is covering the invitee's costs.  When I was asked to play, my hostess quite forcefully said "And I don't want a gift!"

Oh that can not be!  I can not appear "empty-handed!"  This lovely lady has been quite intrigued by and supportive of my creative pursuits . . . and was instrumental in my being included as a presenter in the Adventures in Lifelong Learning program at Three Rivers CC.  Since she enjoys writing and mailing notes and letters, what better gift than an assortment of note cards?

So I ruffled through my supplies (yes, it took some time), and made a set of six cards -
two of each design.



The branch with berries (Stampin' Up "Simply Sketched") was stamped in green ink with red dots and the edges of the paper torn.  The portrait of the 1920's lady (B-Line Designs) was stamped in black and cut into an oval shape. The pear image (Stampers Anonymous Classics) was stamped in sepia ink and squared with a paper cutter.  All edges were inked with Distress Ink in Tea Dye color to provide visual depth and interest.

Script paper was cut to size and layered onto a cream colored card base. The images were mounted to the patterned paper and voila!  Note cards.

Paired with matching cream envelopes and accompanied by the vintage thank you card described in yesterday's post, they were a home run with the lovely lady.

Just for the record . . . I experimented using sepia ink on the portrait card, but it does not work at all with the background paper. So it lives in the file labeled "Experiments - close but not quite"  until I deconstruct it and stick it on a different background.  Sigh - I can't just throw it in the trash . . .




Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment