Saturday, April 9, 2016

Birthday Tees

Hello friends
Recently my grandniece celebrated her 1st birthday.  I put together a bag of goodies for her (or her Mom) to open the party which happened (unfortunately) while I was on vacation in Pinehurst, NC.

These are the tees I embellished for her . . .


I drew the U-shapes on paper, fitting them to the shirt, then placed the pattern inside the shirt as a guide. Using fabric paint and a pencil eraser, I stamped the beads on the shirt, then went back with a fine brush and added the "string" between the beads. Next was to add a light shadow on each bead with white paint, giving each bead some dimension.  Last step was to fashion the flowers from circles of fabric (fold circles in quarters and stitch the points together), sew a button in the middle and sew to the shirts.  I was quite pleased with the result. What do you think?


The gift bag held the shirts, two pairs of coordinating leggings, a funky hat purchased a the Farmer's Market in Richmond, a bunny I sewed, and a book.  I hope she liked them!

Cheers til next time

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment