Sunday, January 4, 2015

If not now, when? Hello!

If not now, when? I've been thinking about writing a blog for a while, with the goal of spreading craftiness and promoting the Etsy shop I plan to open for next Christmas season . . . if not now, when? So now it is.

Happy New Year! The Christmas tree went out the door today - always a bittersweet day but I do enjoy my tree decorations. I have lots of ornaments, lots and lots of ornaments that have joined the tree over many years. I'm not one who trims a tree with a color palette or the "theme" of the year in mind.

Ours is a tree of memories. It's filled with ornaments that have a story. Some are handmade . . . by my children, friends, co-workers, and by myself.  Some have been gifts. Others are craft show acquisitions, quaint little shop finds, department and discount store buys, and most recently online purchases. I unpack them every year and spend time remembering how they came to my tree while finding the perfect spot to hang each of them. I enjoy the memories and share the stories with whoever happens to be in the house at the time.  It's a beautiful thing. At least, I think so.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment