Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Baby Quilt Update

The  flannel baby rag QUILT  I made last month was washed (several times, actually) and the snipped edges frayed quite nicely. Here it is draped over a chair.  It is about 40" x 48" and not exactly square but . . . a man on a galloping horse wouldn't notice. :-)



A closer look at each side:

   


Just before wrapping this baby, I could hear my friend Jane's voice in my ear saying "You have to sign it" so back I went to the sewing machine. This was the result, easily done with the built-in alphabets.




My niece seemed pleased with my initial foray into rag quilt making so the wayward threads and fuzz on the carpet were worth it!

I followed the tutorial HERE on Do It Yourself Divas for the Flannel Baby Rag Quilt.

Cheers!

S.







No comments:

Post a Comment